Sunday, October 31, 2010

[FamilyofGod] It's all from God

 

This story seems a little petty at first -- but it isn't. Please, read this and
I promise you will be blessed. This isn't just a list of what I did this
weekend. This is a testimony to the power of God. Please, read this -- I
promise you if you aren't blessed you didn't read it right the first time.

This weekend two of my friends were staying at my house. Andrea and Amy are two
of my best friends. Amy was my maid of honor in my wedding. Andrea was one of
the other bridesmaids. Andrea is getting married in December. It is not the
ideal situation. But things are going to work out. So we have about a month to
put a wedding together. Andrea was just doing stuff for the wedding to get it
done. Amy and I are bridesmaids. She told us she didn't care what dress we
found. She wasn't actually acting like a normal bride. After all - this isn't a
normal situation.

So Friday night - all the menus get set. All the music is picked. I am going to
load her cd's on my computer and make a playlist on my iPod so it makes things
easy. I am going to type up a script for the sound guy at the church too. We
picked wedding favors. And we discussed flowers. We talked about the
photographs. I am going to be taking some pictures with my digital camera and
simply give Andrea the memory card so she can do with them as she wishes. I
don't take payment from friends. :) She is also getting some disposable
cameras and give to the guests and ask them to drop it in a basket on the way
out. She has picked a few things for the ceremony (she's doing a rose ceremony,
no unity candle, no unity sand, has a flower girl, picked the ring bearer, and
so on). Things were coming together -- then it came Saturday ... the hard day.
So, we ate our breakfast casserole that I cooked. We got Andrea and Amy packed
up, and we sat out to find stuff. Our agenda was big - but not too big for God.
In a single shopping day, we needed to find the following things ---

1) Two bridesmaid dresses that are of the same color (or matching) for two girls
that are TOTALLY different body types -- color possibilities were red,
cranberry, plum, or the like.

2) Shoes that match the dresses
3) Jewelry that go with the dresses and the shoes
[notice that without the dresses we have nothing lol]
4) A dress for the bride (who didn't want to look at wedding dresses and only
was just going to "get something that will do" (she wasn't being very thrilled
with the wedding dress idea and was both sure she didn't deserve one nor could
afford one).
5) Shoes for the bride
6) Pants for the groom
7) Shirt/sweater vest/tie for the groom
8) Pants and shirt for the groom's two sons
9) Silk flowers for the reception hall, the sanctuary, bouquets, and
boutonnieres
10) ring pillows
11) guest book
12) plates
13) bubbles
14) ribbon
15) odds and ends along the way that we thought about

As you can see, the task was daunting to say the least. Ever planned a wedding
in less than a day? It isn't easy I tell you. Not easy at all. By the
morning, we were EXHAUSTED already. First stop -- look for bridesmaid dresses.
We went to Ross. Amy and Andrea never HEARD of Ross. Ross is a discount store
where you can find name brand stuff for CHEAP!! So, I thought -- just maybe we
could find something. So...we went.

Up and down the isles we go. We pass by things that just won't work. We find
the right color -- but not right for a wedding. It's too casual. Too old
looking. Too big. *sigh* We are close to giving up on Ross. Finally -- I
find a dress that is perfect. It's a cranberry red (just what Andrea wanted).
It was a thick strap (what I wanted) and had a little bit of an embellishment
on it (what we ALL wanted). I look at the size, and I am discouraged because
though I am losing weight -- I am not sure that I could fit into it. I take it
to the dressing room and cross my fingers. I slip it on and I am amazed -- Not
only did it fit -- it looked fantastic!

I set out and Amy looks at me, "Well, looks like I am finding a red dress to
match you. Dang girl -- you look good." A young girl in the dressing room
looks up at me. "Wow, you look pretty. I hope you buy that one." I thank her
very much, and I praise God because that dress is perfect. And -- it was $24.
So, back out we go to look for Amy a dress. We are about to give up when we
noticed there was one part of the store we had NOT examined. In a small isle
-- there it was. Another dress like mine in Amy's size. Sure enough -- it
fits and she looks fantastic in it as well. We find Andrea in the store who was
looking for shirts for the boys and for her husband-to-be. With my husband's
help, she finds them pants, shirts, and a tie for cheap. Andrea stops and looks
at the dresses and is amazed. These are the exact dresses I have seen in DREAMS
lately. I am pleased -- Amy is thrilled -- Andrea is happy but still not
"bridal happy".

Off we go with our perfect dresses throughout the day -- we go to the shoe
store. Now listen. When I say I hate shoes, I mean I really hate shoes. I
can't find shoes that fit me that well. I have big feet. So, it is very hard.
So, we go in the store -- there we find a pair of shoes that match the dresses
perfectly -- in my size and in Amy's. They fit, and they are on sale. They
look GREAT. Off to look at jewelry -- and low and behold there is a necklace
that is fake pearls with a matching earring and bracelet that would look
perfect. Again, it's on sale. Last stop -- we find a black shawl to go with
our dresses to finish off the look. All in all, we have a whole outfit for
under $100. Pretty good for bridesmaids dresses. The flowers are bought in
this time as well. Now, about the bride dress.

I pull Amy aside and we conspire to get Andrea to go to David's Bridal to at
least look at the dresses that are discounted and one's you can get as is off
the rack. She would NEVER do it for herself. She doesn't feel as if she is
pretty enough to deserve it. So, we land there and Andrea is certainly
confused. I tell her before entering. "Andrea, you are a bride. You deserve
to have a dress you want. I know the trouble you are having and I know the
stress, but you deserve a dress that is yours -- not one you settled for. Look
at the ones that are as is and off the rack. If you find THE dress, it's yours.
I can get it for you." She tears up a bit and goes into the store. With a
little help, she sees a few dresses .. and then there it was. A simple white
dress. No train. Nothing fancy. Very simple - but elegant. Just like Andrea.
She smiles and we take her back to try it on. After getting the slip and
undergarments on, Amy and I get her in the thing and we all three hear the
lovely sound of a dress zipping up with NO problem and room to spare! Andrea
begins to freak out a bit..."oh my ... oh my..it fits...oh my ....it zipped!"
She pranced out of the dressing room and up on the pedestal she went. When I
say this dress was perfect -- I mean it. No alterations were needed. It fit
perfectly. Length was right (and Andrea is SHORT! most everything she has needs
to be hemmed). Doesn't need to be let out or taken in at all. Nothing is
needed. It's her dress. It's perfect. And for once in her life she felt
beautiful -- like a princess -- like the person we know she is. She starts to
tear up and the lady asks, "Is this it?" Andrea doesn't even have the words.
We all laughed and said, "Yeah, that's it!" There wasn't a dry eye in the
store. I quietly told the saleslady that we had to trick her to come in there
-- she didn't think she deserved a dress. Then the saleslady cried too.

So, I paid for the dress (which -- was also on sale). And suddenly, Andrea
turned into a bride that day. Indeed ... it was a good one. I know it was an
expensive thing to do for a friend -- but seeing her tear up and the hug I got
afterwards .. it was worth every penny. It really was. :) Just wanted to
share

Amanda

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

  

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario