Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Re: [FamilyofGod] Fellowship of the Unashamed

 

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

SHELLEY

FamilyofGod@yahoogroups.com

Moderator

Awake4HisReturn@yahoogroups.com

CO-OWNER

The_Glitter_Room@yahoogroups.com

OWNER

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13,14). 
                                       


 


                                       

Glitter Princess




From: Michael J. Knight <michaelnight82@yahoo.in>
To: FamilyofGod@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, November 24, 2010 3:54:07 AM
Subject: [FamilyofGod] Fellowship of the Unashamed

 

Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed." The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I now live by presence, lead by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, labor by power. My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my God reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice; hesitate in the presence of adversity. Negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go until Heaven returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes. And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear. --By Dr. Bob Moorehead, Overlake Christian Church, Redmond Washington from his book Words Aptly Spoken.

Those are words that can rally an army. The Body of Christ needs a good dose of encouragement to keep on living for Jesus. But we're not called to live a secret Christian life, hiding in our churches encouraging each other. We are to encourage each other to go out and bear witness for Christ. We are not called to be a disciple by night, only letting other Christians see our faith. We are called to be unashamed to proclaim His mighty name, the mighty name of Jesus.

The apostle Paul said,
"That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day" (2 Timothy 1:12) and "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" (Romans 1:16).

We cannot afford to be ashamed to proclaim the name of Jesus to everyone that will listen. Even when others acts offended that we are talking about Jesus, a seed can be planted.

We must become intentional with our testimony! Every Christian has a testimony. People might want to argue about a theological point, but they can't argue about your testimony. Your testimony, what Jesus has done for you is your testimony! Sharing your testimony is a powerful evangelistic sermon. Don't be ashamed to share your testimony.

Here's my suggestion. Take some time and write out your testimony. Your testimony should touch on these areas: What was going on in your life before you accepted Jesus, what led you to accept Jesus, and what your life has been like since Jesus came into your life.

Write up three versions of your testimony. A long version, a medium version and a short version. After writing them up, spend time getting to know your testimony well. Go over it, refine it, and make sure it is accurate and Biblical. Then, prayerfully seek when to use which version of your testimony. For example, if you only have 5-10 minutes to minister to someone at work, share the short version. When in doubt, err on the side of being short. If a non-believer drops by your house and it is obvious they have a lot of time, share your complete testimony.

If you are asked to speak to a group, you might want to share the medium version.

Also, type up all three versions of your testimony. Carry them with you and be prepared to give them out as you are Spirit-led. Be sure to include a way for the reader to contact you for more information.

Finally, build confidence in sharing your testimony. You may have to start with believers. Ask your pastor if there can be a special testimony service where members of the congregation share their testimonies.

Instead of a church photo directory, or a church cook-book, why not publish an all church testimony book. All the members can write up their testimonies and have them bound in a book. Think what this could do for prospective Christians and prospective members who visit your church.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us courage and strength to live for You. Fill us with greater boldness to share with others what You have done for us. In Jesus' Mighty Name, AMEN!

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen. (2 Corinthians 13:14)

Love & Prayers,

Michael J. Knight.        

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/A-C-T-S/

What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

  

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario