Friday, December 31, 2010

Re: [FamilyofGod] (unknown)

 

Amen, i'm doin a test to see why wanettas mail is messin up
 
YOUR SISTER IN CHRIST WANETTA.



From: shirley lafave <amba55ador4chr15t@yahoo.com>
To: FamilyofGod@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Fri, December 31, 2010 10:11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [FamilyofGod] (unknown)

 

Amen

love u,
Shirley La Fave


--- On Fri, 12/31/10, Wanda Ward <angelina56p47@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Wanda Ward <angelina56p47@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [FamilyofGod] (unknown)
To: familyofgod@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, December 31, 2010, 7:23 AM

 
As i stand on the of the new year i pause and look forward to what god has in store in the coming year. We cant control it we just ask god to guide us thru it. I remember the begining of 2000 i wrote a poem about standing on the precipace of a new millinium, one i never thought i would see. My mom said that god would come before then. Well for her he did, she died september 12, 1999. Two days after her 71st birthday. I then decided that i would take things more seriosly as far as living for god. We have to live in this world but not be a part of it. Just relax and watch god will help you do all those things you want to do.

On Fri Dec 31st, 2010 2:01 AM CST Amanda Webster-Sibal wrote:

>Each year, about this hour of the day, I find myself doing the same thing. It
>is December 30th that bothers me to death. It is about this time that I haven't
>thought of a thing about myself to make into some truly wonderfully defined
>resolution. I can come up with things I wish to do, but really -- they are no
>different than things I want to do EVERYDAY (and fail at doing sometimes). What
>makes this intriguing event likened to watching the mileage on a car turn over
>so special? Why is it that the new year makes us want to bring up this idea
>that we can start everything new? What it is that makes us want to make a new
>start? A year is closing and a new on is quickly approaching. In years past, I
>find myself sitting around this hour each year drumming up ways to better
>myself. I can finally lose those extra pounds. I can be more attentive to my
>lack of organizational skills. I did that once, and I honestly think my life
>became LESS organized. I have looked at my constant struggle with anger and
>constant over inflated tenderness that causes me some extreme pain sometimes --
>and I am sure that it causes others the same. I have looked at my absolute
>hatred of being wrong because I am such a highly trained professional
>perfectionist. So much so that admitting my own wrongs is so difficult that it
>nearly impossible. I am forgiving of others, but I am not forgiving of myself.
> Many times I am so stuck on what I did wrong, my anger erupts from no where ---
>but at no one -- it is only at myself. I am so disgusted that yet again I have
>screwed up and cannot bring myself to be ashamed -- AGAIN. That only means I am
>really good at failing as well. No, none of that seems like it would even come
>close to do what is going through my mind.
>
>What this all boils down to is the idea of a new beginning. Many of us search
>and long for a way to make a "new beginning" - our reasons may be obvious to
>some but very personal as well. Maybe our reasons are NEVER obvious. It
>doesn't matter, though. We all look for it -- when do we get a second chance?
> When can we START OVER?
>
>Christ wanted to make all things new. Revelation 21:1-6, "Then I saw a new
>heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed
>away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem,
>coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
> And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'See, the home of God is among
>mortals. He will dwell with them as their God; they will be his peoples, and
>God himself will be with them; he will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death
>will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, the first things
>have passed away.' And the one who was seated on the throne said, 'See I am
>making all things new." Also he said, 'Write this for these words are
>trustworthy and true.' Then he said to me, 'It is done! I am the Alpha and the
>Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give water as a gift
>from the spring of the water of life."
>
>Isn't it wonderful? This very concept of making things new. Is it not
>completely natural for our minds to fall into this thinking when the year is
>coming to a close and another one is fast upon us. But ... again ... that
>brings up these things about resolutions. What do we do to better ourselves?
> What do we need to change? How do we do it!? If I fail after a week, can I
>just quit? So, we are back again at the core of the problem. What do we do?
> Do we pick the superficial things that seem fun? Do we take the fully
>spiritually path and leave the "fun things" alone for a time? Is one right over
>the other? Do we simply week for "balance"? It is nearly impossible to sit and
>figure out resolutions because it takes a painful examination. We have to ask
>ourselves a very tough question -- where am I failing and how can I fix it?
> Ouch. So, each year, I struggle around this time to answer that question.
> Sometimes -- I completely ignore it and just pretend like I did it anyway and
>tell others my resolutions were "private". Really -- if I have ever told you
>that -- don't believe it. It really isn't true at all. That was just the year I
>got lazy.
>
>I think this year I have found a better use of my time -- a resolution for my
>little yearly ritual. I simply wish to be used by God in whatever manner he may
>see fit. Put me to doing. Put me to suffering. Let me be employed by thee or
>laid aside for thee. I will allow Christ to prune me so that I can grow more
>fruit. I will resolve to consistently abide in him through study, worship,
>prayer, and witness. This will be a grand year that this time I will be ringing
>in later today through prayer and renewal and recommitment. More
>specifically....
>
>I am no longer my own, but thine.
>Put me to what thou wilt, rank me with whom thou wilt.
>Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
>Let me be employed for thee or laid aside for thee,
>exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
>Let me be full, let me be empty.
>Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
>I freely and heartily yield all things to thy pleasure and disposal.
>And now, O glorious and blessed God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
>thou art mine, and I am thine.
>So be it.
>And the covenant which I have made on earth,
>let it be ratified in heaven.
>Amen.
>[The Covenant Prayer of the Wesleyan Tradition -- John Wesley (Founder of
>Methodism)]
>
>My passion and utmost desire is to become a consistent disciple of my Lord and
>Savior Jesus Christ in order to live the abundant life that Christ so desires
>for all of us. My mission is to follow His will, to make Him the Lord over my
>wishes, hopes, dreams, desires, fears, weaknesses, and all that makes me who I
>think that I am knowing fully that I am only completed by the sanctifying grace
>of my Sovereign God in Heaven. I seek the call upon my life and step out upon
>faith and upon the promises given to me by the Word of God, into this world that
>is full of demons, temptations, and evils, armoring myself with the tools God
>has given me to fight the attacks from the evil one. Looking no longer at which
>is behind me for the past, but rather, it is to strive from this moment on to
>follow God in all that I do.
>
>
>I look at the comforting words of one of my favorite Hymns
>
>"This is a Day of New Beginnings"
>Words: Brian Wren 1987
>Music: Carlton Young 1984
>Hope Publishing Company 1987
>From the United Methodist Hymnal
>
>"This is a day of new beginnings, to remember and move on, time to believe what
>love is bringing, laying to rest the pain that's gone.
>
>For by the life and death of Jesus, God's mighty Spirit, now as then, can make
>for us a world of difference as faith and hope are born again.
>
>Then let us, with the Spirit's daring, step from the past and leave behind our
>disappointment, guilt, and grieving, seeking new paths, and sure to find.
>
>Christ is alive, and goes before us to show and share what love can do. This is
>a day of new beginnings; our God is making all things new.
>
>In faith we'll gather round the table to taste and share what love can do. This
>is a day of new beginnings; our God is making all things new."
>
>
>Time to put past the pain and move forward. Time to remember things and let
>them go. Time to seek new paths by the power of the Spirit. God is making ALL
>THINGS NEW.
>
>No, no --- this year I finally have a foolproof plan -- because I am not in the
>control seat this time.
>
>Father God -- I lift up all those that are reading this. I pray that those have
>have experienced great loss in any way over this year will be able to work past
>it by leaning up the joy that you give us and the comfort that we have in your
>promises. I pray that those that are pained by the sting of unemployment,
>financial woes, housing woes, and all the outcomes of the economy will be
>uplifted by their communities in their time of need. I pray that all of their
>needs will be met. Convict those that are nearest to these people to be able to
>reach out to those that may not be able to have a full meal on the table. Help
>us that can have that full meal be more apt to share our blessings with others
>without judgment and without hesitation. I pray that those who are going
>through uncertainty for other reasons -- be it in a marriage, in a relationship,
>a friendship, with family, or even medical reasons -- I pray that peace be
>placed upon you and the wisdom given to you to deal with the situation. I pray
>that those things you cannot change you will better be able to accept them and
>grow with patience. Those things that can be changed, I pray you gain the
>wisdom to do so. Be at peace with all the troubles. No matter what it is --
>God is standing near you. Amen!
>
>For us all, let us together as the Body of Christ go into the new year with a
>renewed sense of unity among us as friends and as the Family of God. Let us
>pray in the new year full of blessings. All that read this are my family either
>by blood, marriage, or friendship and I love each and every single one of you.
> I will be praying for each of you by name that your next year will be full of
>such wonderful things. I love you all dearly. Happy New Year.
>
>
>Amanda Amanda
>
>There is an optimistic belief widespread among the generous-hearted that the
>average human being has only to become sufficiently acquainted with another's
>trouble or danger to transfer it to his own shoulders not merely unhesitatingly
>but gladly. --Margery Allingham
>
>Bear one another's burdens. Galatians 6:2
>
>
>
>



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

  

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario