Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Modern March | a Christian blog

Modern March | a Christian blog


A Testimony of God’s Grace

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 06:45 PM PDT

I woke up hungover on the floor in the bedroom of my best friend. I called myself a Christian, I had done so since I was 14 years old. Perhaps I was truly saved, perhaps not. One thing I know: I was not following the Lord’s will in just about every area of my life. That beautiful morning in 2007 I was alone, emotionally broken, spiritually without direction, and “looking for love in all the wrong places.” God knocked me off my horse that morning, introduced me to the Book of Ecclesiastes soon after, and to this day I have never recovered.

It has been a whirlwind of God’s undeserved favor in my life over the past few years:

2007: Bernie Gerald gave me my first opportunity to teach the Word in a church gathering and sit around the leadership table. I knew my call from the beginning would be a North American missionary and promised to follow that calling when/if God extended it.

2008: Bernie hired me as his youth pastor, something I’m still trying to figure out today. (I know, I know… providence.) I met Christa Williams, the most beautiful and God-fearing woman I’d ever/have ever met.

2009: God gave me a new passion for theology and education, and I began pursuing a Bible degree at Dallas Baptist University.

2010: I had the privilege to begin working with SBC Voices and PLNTD, two ministry opportunities that taught me many things in very different ways. I met David Keuss and was part of the planting team of Woodbridge Bible Fellowship. I proposed to Christa on her birthday, August 20.

2011: I followed Tom Knoff from WBF to become his associate pastor at First Baptist Church of Ben Wheeler, Texas. I made Christa Williams a Smith and cried in front of everyone I know while doing it.

2012: I began studying missiology at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. I was offered the opportunity by Rick White to become a church planting resident at CityView Church of the Acts 29 Network, a church and network that I’ve admired greatly.

This is a very short version of God’s sovereignty and how each of these events led to the next – all of them random and explained only by the providence of God. I am thankful to Him for loving a wretch like me, and am proud to call myself His child. His mercies are new everyday, and I’m constantly amazed at how He has blessed me. 2 Cor. 5:17 says that we are new creations in Christ, and I am a living example.

I am extremely excited to see what God has in store for us next! Thank you to everyone for your support and prayers over the years, you never go unnoticed.


Filed under: Testimony

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.

  

Vida de bombeiro Recipes Informatica Humor Jokes Mensagens Curiosity Saude Video Games Car Blog Animals Diario das Mensagens Eletronica Rei Jesus News Noticias da TV Artesanato Esportes Noticias Atuais Games Pets Career Religion Recreation Business Education Autos Academics Style Television Programming Motosport Humor News The Games Home Downs World News Internet Car Design Entertaimment Celebrities 1001 Games Doctor Pets Net Downs World Enter Jesus Variedade Mensagensr Android Rub Letras Dialogue cosmetics Genexus Car net Só Humor Curiosity Gifs Medical Female American Health Madeira Designer PPS Divertidas Estate Travel Estate Writing Computer Matilde Ocultos Matilde futebolcomnoticias girassol lettheworldturn topdigitalnet Bem amado enjohnny produceideas foodasticos cronicasdoimaginario downloadsdegraca compactandoletras newcuriosidades blogdoarmario